Some time ago I found a nice project on how to woven bowl basket here, and I thought it was a great idea to give it a try.
Alas, the project proved to be more challenging than expected and it took me quite a long time to complete it. At a certain point I even almost gave it up for good. But after “few” months, I decided that it couldn’t be left there standing in the way any more. So, I finished it despites it is far from being perfect!!
What I found more difficult was the start of the project: the twine, cut straight from the bobbin, was too curly and I struggled to keep it in place. I used plenty of clips but that was a pain in the neck. Before starting, I recommend to cut the lengths of twine and straighten them.
Here is the result. I also added a bit of hot glue to fix it.
The woven basket from its best side….
Last week I worked on a top I’ve been given for my birthday whick was way too big for me. It was at least two sizes larger (do I really look *this* fat??) and it wasn’t really wearable. So, since it wasn’t possible to go and change it, I decided to modify it myself.
First I removed the ruffle and the elastic band on the hips, then I cut and sew the sides according to the size of another top which fits me, and then I reduced the ruffle and sewed it back.
It was my first time with jersey fabric and it didn’t go too bad.
Look at the “before” and “after” picture…..
Top: before and after
And here are the scrap of cloths left…
This past weekend, due to bad weather, I had the time to stitch also a case for my brand new tablet. I used some blue flower pattern Ikea fabric for the exterior and some green “tartan-like” fabric for the lining to match with a green zip. I also added some interfacing, that’s why the “bulky” look.
Tablet case, zip detail
Few months ago I made a meal voucher holder as Xmas gift for my colleague Floriana, and as my old voucher hoder was falling literally into pieces, I decided it was about time to make one for myself too… this time I also added two smaller pockets. I also handstitched a tab which I think looks cute. :-)
lunch voucher holder closed
lunch voucher holder open
detail: handmade tab
Here is another project I made last weekend. Again I used some remnant of my “cushion-project” here. I’m not completely satisfied with it… I even forgot to add flaps on both to make it easier to zip/unzip. Anyway, next time I’m going to try to make a case with the end tabs of the zipper too!
the “left-over” case
I worked a bit with my sewing-machine this past weekend and, among other things, I made this lovely origami market bag. I used some remnant from this project here, and I got the tutorial from here.
It is very quick to do and you can also easily modify its size: you can make it bigger or smaller depending on your needs! This one is 30×30 cm.
The origami bag
Here is a brass wire bracelet I made for Marta, Paola‘s daughter: she’s has been very good at school this year too so I thought she deserved a little gift. ;-)
Marta’s wire bracelet
Marta’s wire bracelet